Friday, January 7, 2011

American Eagle Nail Polish Sets

American Eagle came out with four nail polish sets along with their Holiday 2010 collection. I love nail polish, and I love American Eagle, so naturally I purchased 3 of the 4. They looked great in the store and when got home with them I played around with them for a bit, but other than that, they have been sitting on my night stand for well over a month.

My plan for break was to go through as much polish as I could so that when spring comes I could buy more polish with out feeling guilty that more than half the polishes I own have never been used. But alas, this is exactly the opposite of what I've actually done. In reality, I spend my time off from work with my friends or killing my life on the internet. Awesome.

I've been wearing one color a week, surprisingly my manies last that long. So today, while I was getting ready to change my polish color, I decided to swatch all the mini AE polishes and photograph them for this blog. :]

Brights:
Dock of the Bay Blue - Blue based teal cream
Twilight Violet - Red based purple (not violet), with blue shimmers
Not-so Mellow Yellow - Vibrant yellow creme
Make Him Jealous - Vampy blacked-maroon jelly



Winter:
Orange You Glad? - Neon red based orange
Go For the Bronze - Taupe foil
Flock of Flamingos - Neon pepto pink (way brighter than the pics)
Once in a Blue Moon - Blue/violet shimmer with a purple duo-chrome


Pastels:
Tu-Tu Pink - Sheer pink with blue shimmer
Mint Green With Envy - Pastel green based turquoise with silver shimmer
Concrete Jungle - Cool grey (same name and color as the RBL version)
Peri-Wink At Ya - Baby pink cream

I really liked them all. all swatches are with two coat, no top coat. They are all very shiny and opaque, for the exception of Tu-Tu Pink (which I think would make an amazing top coat or nicely over a french mani). They were well priced $15.50 each set of 4 and BOGO 1/2 off, so each mini polish ends up being just under $3 each. Not bad. :]

I wouldn't mind seeing Mint Green With Envy, Make Him Jealous, Dock of the Bay Blue, Flock of Flamingos, and Once in a Blue Moon as full-sized polishes. They are all lovely colors, go on nicely, and are incredibly opaque. Here's to hoping AE sees this! ;)

Dock of the Bay Blue is my current mani and I absolutely LOVE it! It's less grayed out and more vibrant in real life.


Thanks for looking! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment